|St. Bernadette Elementary School|
October 21st, 2020
• Ordering School Masks
• Parent/Student Conferences
• Admissions and Annual Open House
• Parish Parking Lot
• Spanish Interpreter Needed
THE MONTH AT A GLANCE
• Oct. 30th – Halloween Non-Uniform Day
• Nov. 2nd – 27th – ongoing parent/student conferences
• Nov. 5th – AGM – 6:30pm via Zoom Webinar
• Nov. 11th – Remembrance Day – No School
• Nov. 13th – No School – Pro-D
• Nov. 15th – Open House – Cancelled
NOW ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR OUR CUSTOM SCHOOL MASK
St. Bernadette’s is now allowing families to purchase our custom school mask. Each student was given one mask, however families were asking if they could purchase more for their child and themselves. We are not treating this as a fundraiser, but a desire to see everyone in masks so that we are all adding an additional layer of protection to our daily lives. There are 2 sizes to choose from and both cost the same amount.
1 mask = $16
2 masks = $30
3 masks = $40
Orders are through Munchalunch and can be purchased up to October 30th. Masks will arrive the week of November 9th – 13th.
Please go to https://munchalunch.com/schools/stbernadettebc to make your purchase.
Parent/student conferences will not be in person this year. Teachers will be creating their own schedule to accommodate parents as best as they can. This might be over a series of days or weeks depending on the teacher. Conference Schedules will be out next week. Conferences will start in November.
2021-2022 SCHOOL ADMISSIONS AND OPEN HOUSE
Admissions are now open for the 2021-2022 school year. We have 20 spots available in Kindergarten next year and roughly one spot in a couple of the other grades. Please go to our website to download a form. Siblings of students currently attending St. Bernadette’s will be automatically enrolled during re-registration.
The pandemic will not afford us the opportunity to reach out to parishioners as we have done in the past. More than ever, we need your help to reach those who want to send their child to our school so that they receive the message that admissions are open. We have already had good response from the community without any advertising, however we want to ensure that all parishioners who want to send their child to our school knows to get in their application as soon as possible.
We will not be hosting an Open House this year. Arrangements will be made with new families to the school to tour the school through an appointment.
PARISH PARKING LOT
We are seeing a growing number of people using the parish parking lot for pick up and drop off. We support the dual use of our school and the parish parking lots. To help with traffic flow and proper use, Fr. Paul has moved morning Mass to 9:15am and we will now have one to two parent supervisors located at the parish to ensure proper safety is being followed. I would like to remind parents of the following:
– All adults on our grounds (parish and school) during school hours (7am – 6pm) must wear a mask when they exit their car and must maintain 2 metres of distance between other adults and children.
– Parents are encouraged to stay in their car
– Parents are not to gather or congregate while on school property.
– Parents must arrive on-time. Please do not drop off your child early.
– Only Kindergarten and grade 1 parents may accompany their child to the door. All other children are to make their way into the school independently.
SPANISH INTERPRETER NEEDED
We are very excited to be welcoming 2 boys from Peru to our school in December. They have been adopted by a family in our community and will be attending Grade 3 and 4. We have an interpreter for the Grade 3 class but we are still in need of someone who is able to speak Spanish to be with the boy in Grade 4. If you speak Spanish and would like to assist in helping our new students adapt to our school and teach them basic English, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.