The Stingers Club will be available on Friday, March 15th, (early dismissal) 12:00 to 6:00pm. For students that are going to be using the Stingers Club service for this day, you are required to register with the Stingers Club. There is an extra $10.00 fee (per family) which includes lunch.
TRACK AND FIELD
Next week we being our track and field season. Students from grade 3 to 7 should have received their form last week. Students cannot participate in track and field unless they have handed in their form. We are still looking for parent volunteers to help out with practices and our annual track meet.
MUNCH A LUNCH
Hot Lunch through the Munch a Lunch program will be made available March 13th and it will close April 3rd. Please order through Munch a Lunch if you wish for your child to have Hot Lunch.
VISITOR AND PARENT INFORMATION
St. Bernadette School prides itself on being a “Naturally Open School”. This allows the community to be safe and caring towards one another. To maintain this warm and inviting atmosphere we are asking for parental help with the following:
1. Hallways – We invite parents to escort their child to the classroom if they do not feel comfortable doing so by themselves and if it helps them to have a good start to the day. However, once the child is in the classroom and ready to go, that parents vacate the hallways. Parent’s need to be vacated from the hallways by the end of morning prayer. If you are volunteering, please check in at the office and grab a visitor’s tag before you assume your duties.
2. Late Arrival – Parking lot safety is always a concern and issue for the school. We are grateful for the parents who volunteer to monitor our parking lot. Drivers tend to become more agitated and stressed when they are late. We ask that you maintain a slow speed through our parking lot and drive defensively at all times. When a child is late, they must enter through the main doors by the office. The child must be given a slip from the office staff (the slip says “we are glad you made it”) and show the teacher the slip. This helps with our attendance procedures, otherwise you may receive a phone call from the office asking if your child is at home sick, when in fact they are at the school, thus causing undue panic for everyone.
3. Photos and Videos – Parents are not authorized to take photos or videos of their child and/or other children while they are learning in the classroom. Permission from the principal or classroom teacher must be obtained. There are provincial acts, ordinances, regulations, etc., such as PIPA, that we must adhere to in order to maintain the privacy and safety of everyone in the school. There are many assemblies and gatherings offered where parents can take pictures and videos. Any pictures/videos that contain children other than your child cannot be posted to social media sites without the consent of the parent(s) of the other child(ren) in your photos/video.
4. Dismissal – When it is time to pick up your child at the end of the day, we ask all parents to wait outside until your child is dismissed. No one should be in the hallways prior to the bell unless they have permission from the office by checking in first.
5. Check-ins – When entering the school, all parents and visitors must enter through the main doors at the north end of the school and check into the office. Failure to do so becomes a safety concern for you and the school – for example, if there was an emergency and you were stuck or trapped in the school, we would not know your whereabouts and our records would not show you in the school, therefore we would believe everyone made it safely out of the school.
We are very thankful for the parent involvement in our school, the commitment you show to your child’s education, the desire to keep our school a safe and caring community and the support you provide to our students and staff. We look forward to continuing to work together to make St. Bernadette’s a place where everyone feels safe and welcomed.