30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION – TASTE OF THE NATIONS
Running a Booth – We are starting to firm up numbers for the food booths. If you are planning or considering running a food booth for the Taste of the Nations, here is what you need to know:
– 4 free tickets for your booth – Once registration is confirmed, you will receive up to 4 free tickets for the Taste of the Nation for you booth. For instance, if only two people are manning your booth, you will receive 2 tickets. If there are 8 people manning your booth, you will receive 4 tickets.
– It only runs for the first 2 hours of the evening – It is not for the entire evening. Plus, you create the shifts however you see fit for your booth. Perhaps you have enough helpers where you each do a 1 hour shift. This gives you the benefit to enjoy the evening and contribute to the festivities.
– You are making 300 samples, not 300 plates of food – Picture a dinner plate divided into 4 parts. Your sample size should fit into one of those 4 parts. It is not a whole plate of food. At the same time, it is definitely more than what you would get as a sample at Costco 🙂
General Volunteers – we need close to 40 people to volunteer for many tasks during the Taste of the Nation Celebration. Here is what you need to know:
– It is not for the whole night – the tasks are broken into shifts so you can enjoy the event while still contributing to it. It is designed so all parents can partake in the celebrations!
– You still need to purchase a ticket – unlike the food booths where families are donating food, decorations, and other items, this is not a requirement for general volunteers. Only those who volunteer to set up before or clean up after the event do not necessarily require the purchase of a ticket (we still hope you come and celebrate with us!). By breaking it up into shifts, we ensure that there will be a good chunk of the evening for you to enjoy and celebrate.
We hope this helps clarify a few questions we have been receiving over the past couple of weeks. It is not too late to register your booth. Please speak with Stephannie or Cliff for more information. They will have a table at the AGM to answer your questions.
* * * *
Your presence helps bring our community together and forms excellent bonds between our families. Tickets are only $25 each and will be on sale until Feb. 10th, 2017. We have limited seating. Tickets are NOT available at the door so don’t miss out! (no minors)
When purchasing tickets by cheque, please make cheques payable to
St. Bernadette Parish.
Application forms for new students for the upcoming school year 2017-18 are now available and can be picked up from the school office. Families who have children entering Kindergarten will be given the application form with the Re-registration package.Re-registration will be on Thursday, February 16th 8:00am-7:00pm. Re-registration packages will be sent home in the next week or so. If you haven’t notified the office that you have a child applying for admittance for the 2017-18 school year, please do so as soon as possible.
If your child(ren) will NOT re returning for the school year 2017-18, please inform the office.
Current families get their re-registration fee for the following year (currently $150) waived if they refer a family that stays the year.
GENERAL MEETING – 30th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION – TASTE OF THE NATIONS –
7PM – 8PM MONDAY JANUARY 23RD
The Taste of the Nations Committee is well underway with the planning of the event. The committee is in need of support with set up and clean up and running various activities during the event. If you are able to help out, please keep your eye on your emails for an alert from OnVolunteer. We are in need of roughly 40 parents to help with the event. Please consider coming to this very important meeting to help out.
OPEN HOUSE & NEW FAMILY INFORMATION NIGHT
January marks the time of the year where we kick off registration for the 2017-2018 school year. We are seeing an increase in interest in our school as evident by the number of phone calls and application forms that have been handed in since the beginning of January!
There are two events that we would like you to pass along to new families – the Open House and New Family Information Night.
OPEN HOUSE – Our annual Open House is on Sunday January 29th from 9am – 1pm. If you know of families who might like to attend, please pass along this invite.