St. Bernadette Elementary School
January 13th, 2021
• Chess Club
• Registration and Re-registration
THE MONTH AT A GLANCE
• January 26th – RCAV Charities – Non-Uniform Day
• January 29th – Re-registration (last day to register without penalty)
GRADE 4/5 CHESS CLUB
Thanks to the ambition and resourcefulness of Mr. Issac Palm, we have created a chess club for grade 4 and 5 students. Hopefully, when we no longer need to be in learning groups, we can expand the club to other grades. If your child is in grade 4 or 5 and wants to join the chess club, they can get a permission form from their teacher. If they have already joined, they can go to the chess club google classroom page to see some of the resources we have there to help them learn the game.
We are also in need of chess sets. The school has purchased 3, but we could use more. If you have a set at home that you would like to donate, please have your child bring it with them to school.
REGISTRATION AND RE-REGISTRATION
All registration forms are now required to be submitted electronically. This is our first year piloting this new way of registering. No longer will you need to come into the school to register. The forms will be sent tomorrow, Thursday January 14th and they will need to be returned via email to the school by Friday January 29th to avoid late fees. All registration forms are to be emailed to email@example.com with your child’s name and grade in the subject line.
A few tips to help you complete the online forms:
– These forms require digital signatures. We highly recommend you open the document on your computer and use Acrobat Reader (free edition) or Acrobat Reader Pro. Do not try to fill out the forms using your phone or other device.
– If you have not done so already, you must create a digital e-signature. Here is a YouTube tutorial that will guide you through creating a digital signature using Acrobat Reader:
or you can watch
– e-signatures (digital signatures) are legal in Canada.
“Most Canadian provincial and territorial jurisdictions have enacted electronic commerce and transaction laws that provide electronic equivalents to paper-based signatures, along with other requirements, by adopting the principles established in the Uniform Law Conference of Canada’s model law (the Uniform Electronic Commerce Act (UECA)).Footnote 11 The UECA is technology-neutral and defines an “electronic signature” as electronic information that a person creates or adopts in order to sign a record and that is attached to, or associated with, the record. An e-signature, defined in this way, functions as a signature in law.” – https://www.canada.ca/en/government/system/digital-government/online-security-privacy/government-canada-guidance-using-electronic-signatures.html#toc5
– Please give yourself plenty of time to fill out the form as you may run into difficulties and/or challenges.
We are seeing a renewed interest in admissions for next year. Thank you to all the families who contacted family and friends to let them know we had space. That space is now quickly filling up. We only have a few spots left. If you know of someone who would benefit from a Catholic education by attending St. Bernadette School, please inform them that they need to submit their application form early. Application forms can be found on our school website.