• Admissions Update
• School Masses and Ash Wednesday
• Parish Tax Receipts
• Animal Appreciation Day
• Valentine’s Day
THE MONTH AT A GLANCE
• February 5th – Last day for late re-registration
• February 10th – Non-Uniform Day – Animal Appreciation Day
• February 11th – Valentine’s Day at school
• February 12th – No School (CISVA wellness day)
• February 15th – No School (family day)
• February 17th – Ash Wednesday
• February 24th – Pink Shirt Day
• March 1st – 5th – Annual Bookfair
We would like to thank all the families who promoted our school through word of mouth over these past few months. Once again we experienced a tremendous response from the community to be a part of our school. Although enrolment was slow at first, January was very busy and we are now full in almost all of our classes. Below are the space that are left in our school:
Kindergarten – Full (Waitlist only)
Gr. 1 – Full (Waitlist only)
Gr. 2 – Full (Waitlist only)
Gr. 3 – Full (Waitlist only)
Gr. 4- Full (Waitlist only)
Gr. 5 – 3 spots available
Gr. 6 – Full (Waitlist only)
Gr. 7 – 4 spots available
SCHOOL MASSES AND ASH WEDNESDAY
Under current restrictions, school Masses are permitted to happen as long as they are not conducted in the church, are limited to the learning groups, masks are worn and physical distancing is practiced. We have had very good success hosting Mass thus far and will continue to do so on a weekly basis for different learning groups.
With Ash Wednesday fast approaching, we are in discussion with the parish and the archdiocese on how we can safely have Mass for everyone on that day. We will wait to hear if there are any changes to the current restriction prior to making an announcement.
PARISH TAX RECEIPTS
Tax receipts for donations in 2020 to the parish and Project Advance are now available for pickup from the parish office. The office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4pm this week. If you are sending someone to pick up on your behalf, please contact the parish office by email (email@example.com) or by phone (604-596-0566) to provide us with the name of the person you wish to release your tax receipt to; we will not release this very private information without your permission.
ANIMAL APPRECIATION DAY
The St. Bernadette BC SPCA Club would like to announce our 13th annual HEARTS FOR ANIMALS APPRECIATION DAY 2021. It will be held on Wednesday, February 10th, 2021. This special day we will be dressing in red, white, and/or pink. We will be collecting a minimum donation of $2.00 with all proceeds going to the BC SPCA Medical Emergency Program. This year we will be sponsoring animals who are in need of emergency care. We ask students to please remember to enter the club’s contest which will be held at the school from Monday Feb. 1st to Friday Feb. 5th. Lucky winners will be announced on February 10th. The St. Bernadette BC SPCA Club appreciates your support and we hope that students will enjoy the contest week and our special appreciation day for our animal friends.
On Thursday Feb. 11th, students will be allowed to celebrate Valentine’s Day with their classmates. We ask that families adhere to the following:
– Only Valentine’s Day cards, pencils, and/or trinkets can be exchanged on Feb. 11th
– Students are not allowed to bring in treats, candy or other food items.
– Teachers, as part of a controlled and monitored system within our covid-19 protocols, may elect to bring in a treat for the students. If they do so, items will be individually wrapped and proper health and safety measures will be in place.
Thank you for your cooperation.