• *NEW* Updated Ministry of Education Health and Safety Plans
• Scholastic Book Fair and Virtual Book Fair
• Tax Receipts and Donation
THE MONTH AT A GLANCE
• March 1st – 5th – Annual Book Fair
• March 3rd – 6pm-8pm Virtual Book Fair “Family Night”
• March 12th – Early Dismissal (No Stingers Club after school)
• March 13th – 28th – Spring Break
• April 1st – Holy Thursday – Early Dismissal (No Stingers Club after school)
• April 2nd – Good Friday – No School
• April 5th – Easter Monday – No School
Dear Parents, On February 4th, 2021, the Ministry of Education provided significant updates to the health and safety plans for BC schools. The last major updates to these plans were in September 2020. Most of the updates we are already doing, and the updated documents will help ensure that our plans are clearer and a more accurate reflection of what …
TAX RECEIPTS & DONATION ENVELOPES
Tax receipts for donations in 2020 to the parish and Project Advance are available for pickup from the parish office. This is a separate receipt from your tuition. The parish office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4pm this week. If you are sending someone to pick up on your behalf, please email or phone the parish office to provide the name of who you wish to release your tax receipt to; we will not release this very private information without your permission. Can’t come during office hours? Call or email us and we’ll work with you to find an alternate way to provide you with your information.
Donation envelopes for 2021 are available for pick up through the parish office, during office hours (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4pm, closed for lunch 12-1pm). School families – it is important that you have your envelopes available to you once the church is able to open, and we can have you attend Mass in person again. You may continue to donate online if you have arranged this, however, in order to maintain your category status, and once you are able to attend Mass, you are asked to drop into the collection basket an empty envelope to show your participation in your parish community. If you have any questions, please reach out to the parish office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (604-596-0566).
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR MARCH 1ST – 5TH
We are happy to announce that we will be having our annual book fair again this year. There will be some changes made so that the fair can run safely for all students and staff:
– The book fair will only be open during class time.
– School staff will be running the cashier and monitoring the students
– Each class has signed up for a time and teachers will inform parents which days their class will go down to the book fair
– The book fair is being held on the larger side of the Library Learning Commons to accommodate more spacing between students
– The book fair will be closed before school, during recesses and after school. Students can only attend the book fair with their class and classroom teacher
SCHOLASTIC VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR
On Wednesday March 3rd from 6-8pm, our book fair will have a “virtual family night”. Any books purchased during this time will receive free shipping regardless of the amount spent. All other times shipping is a flat $6.00. All throughout the week you can purchase books online, however, it is during our “virtual family night” that you will receive free shipping. Anyone can purchase virtually so please pass this along to the book lovers you know and help support our school and literacy initiatives for our children.
Please bookmark this link:
DAILY HEALTH CHECKS
We would like to remind families that health checks are part of the school’s health and safety plans. Health checks must be done by families every school day. If your child is home from school because they are sick or not feeling well, it is important that you check for any symptoms that might be related to COVID-19 and call 811 to see if a test is needed.
NEW HEALTH CHECK APP
There is a new daily health check app that the BC government has recently put out.
It is essential that families do a health check every morning prior to leaving for school and that students stay home if they show any signs or symptoms listed on the health check or if they are feeling unwell. Health checks are a vital part of our health and safety plans. It is important that families do a health check every day and get tested if necessary.