St. JOHN PAUL II ACADEMY ADMISSIONS
St. John Paul II Academy is happy to announce they are accepting applications for Gr. 8 & 9 students for the 2019-20 school year. All student applications must be completed by Thurs. Feb. 28, 2019 and returned to Mr. Michel DesLauriers, Principal, 15262 Pacific Ave., White Rock, BC V4B 1P7.
You can find the Application Form and more information concerning financial assistance on the school website:www.sjp2academy.com or by contacting the school office.
E: email@example.com T: 604-560-8210
In the event of weather conditions, or unforeseen circumstances, the Principal will decide whether or not the school will be open on that day or remain open if the school needs to close part way through the day. Notice of school closures will be announced through Facebook, GlobalBC TV News (snow day mornings only), classroom representatives and if possible, the school website. Please do not call the school; it is important that we keep all lines free in case of an emergency.
When it comes to snow days, several factors go into making the call. The call to close the school must be made prior to 6:45am to ensure Stingers Club parents receive timely notice. The factors that go into making the call include, but is not limited to:
• Information on current road conditions (Conditions are monitored throughout the night, and again at approximately 6:00am by the Principal) including the side street accessibility to the school from 65B Ave.
• Amount of snow and ice accumulated and/or predicted to accumulate
• Duration and timing of the snow and/or ice event
• Temperature and wind chill (for safety of walkers and students at bus stops) – we will receive direction when it comes to closing school due to extreme temperatures.
• School building conditions (electricity, heat, water)
• School parking lot conditions (safety, accessibility)
• Current weather conditions, along with predicted weather, but closures cannot be determined solely on predictions.
• Consultation with the pastor, PEC chair, other nearby staff members and Catholic schools, including Holy Cross Secondary.
As a reminder, although we do our best in the decision-making process, if the school is open and you, the parent, feels as though it is not safe for your child to attend school, you have the option of keeping your child at home.
Used uniforms are needed to help re-stock the shelves for our used uniforms. If you have any used uniform items to donate, please contact Angeline at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds generated from the sales of used uniforms comes directly back to the school.