If you are bringing anything to the school for your child (lunch, homework, etc.), please leave the item in the green bin outside the classroom. Please do not disturb the class for any reason. If you are picking your child up during school hours for an appointment, etc., please sign him or her out and have Mrs. Gelz or Mrs. Spanjers get your child from their class.
Our Calendar is now updated for the 2017-2018 school year. The school exclusively uses google calendar and events are added and changed throughout the year. Please check the calendar regularly. It is best practice to add the calendar to your own google calendar so that you can see the updates as they happen (there is a + symbol at the bottom of the calendar for you to click to add). You can find our calendar under our “School Life” tab on our website.
We already have a healthy amount of registrants for our club and we are expecting more in the next few weeks. The hours are from 7am – 8:30am and 3pm – 6pm school days (Wednesdays are 2:15pm – 6pm). For the half days during the school year, we offer the Stingers Club after school on those days.
The stingers club is open to all students. It offers fun activities and learning opportunities beyond the classroom. If you would like more information, please contact the office or download a form from our website.
NUT AWARE SCHOOL
St. Bernadette’s is a nut aware school. St. Bernadette’s is committed to not allowing any nuts and nut products on the school premises. We ask everyone to remember that no nuts of any kind are permitted in the school, due to severe food allergies. Individual classes may have other dietary restrictions based on the students in that class. If this is the case for your classroom, you will be notified.
WASTE FREE LUNCH
St. Bernadette’s promotes a waste free lunch. Students will pack in and pack out their lunches. This helps with the composting measures and allow parents to monitor their child’s nutrition at school.
Please read this note from Cambridge Uniforms:
A few brief notes with updates to our hours of operations, contact information and return exchange process.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Our hours are adjusting for September and we are closed on Labour Day.
• As of September 1st our hours of operation are Monday to Saturday from 9:00am – 5:30pm. • We are closed on Sunday’s and Statutory Holidays, including being closed on Labour Day.
CONTACTING CAMBRIDGE – please note that our telephone system has changed to better assist our clients.
As there is a high volume of calls and orders being placed during the next 2 week period, we ask for your patience and understanding. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive a reply on your request.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org for order related inquiries.
• Email email@example.com for online school code or general inquiries.
• The customer service telephone number is 604-924-9069 or toll free 1-800-924-9069.
All voice messages are recorded and emailed to our orders desk. Please ensure your voicemail includes your child’s first and last name, school he or she attends, the best number to be called back at and the details for how we can assist you. We will contact you back with 24 hours.
• If your school allows returns to be left with the reception, the next scheduled pick up for returns is on September 8th at your school. This does not apply to all schools.
• Families requiring a return or exchange prior to this date must ship their return to Cambridge Uniforms directly (we suggest using Canada Post), this will expedite the process of individual orders.
• If there is a need for a rush return or exchange our suggestion is that a new order be placed. The returned goods can be sent back with the school pick up on September 9th and Cambridge Uniforms will issue a refund once received.
• Our Return/Exchange form can be found on our website at: http://www.cambridgeuniforms.com/returns.
All returns must be accompanied by this form.
Returns please mail to:
Attn: Returns Department Cambridge Uniforms #112-2455 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, BC Canada, V7H 0A2
LABEL YOUR UNIFORMS
We notice that quite often we find uniforms in the lost and found without student names on it. It is important to label your uniforms and to relabel them throughout the year if you are using a marker on a tag.
Here is your 2017-2018 Parish Education Committee Members:
Angela Lew – Chairperson
Catherine Lan – Vice-Chairperson/Fundraising
Camille Evangelista – Secretary/Parent Participation
Cheryl Chiang – Treasurer
Michelle Fletcher – Communications/Fundraising
Marc Fournier – Maintenance
Cristina Ricafort – Parish Liaison Rep/Communications
Fr. Paul – Pastor
Michael van der Pauw – Principal
Boni Kosman – Vice-Principal
Mary Peck – Teacher Representative
PEC Contact Information
For general PEC inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Participation – email@example.com
Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising – email@example.com
Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintenance – email@example.com