WHISTLER SKI TRIP
Thursday the Outdoor Adventure Club leaves for Whistler to ski and snowboard for the day. It is going to be an exciting day of learning and adventure. Here is a list of what parents need to know if their child is attending:
– The bus LEAVES at 6am! We are asking all students to be at the school at 5:45am. The later we leave the less time we have to ski and snowboard. Please don’t be late.
– We are expected to arrive back at the school between 6pm – 6:30pm. I will be posting updates on Facebook as we get closer to the school.
– Pack warm clothes and snacks. It take a few hours to get there and back. Having snacks and a drink on the bus is recommended.
– Do not pack electronic devices or other items of value that is not necessary for the trip. It is not recommended that your child brings anything that is of value that could get lost, damaged or stolen. The school is not responsible for personal items.
– Did I mention that the bus leaves at 6am 🙂 Please don’t be late!
Re-registration packages will be sent home tomorrow with your oldest child. We were waiting for Fr. Paul to complete the category requirements. Re-registration will be on Thursday, February 16th 8:00am-7:00pm. Please ensure that all forms have been completed and all documents are attached. If you are registering a Kindergarten child, please ensure that all documentation,ie: Birth certificate, immunization schedule & baptismal certificate are attached.
30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION – TASTE OF THE NATIONS – UPDATES
Food Booths – We are full!!! We have booths from India, the Philippines, Germany, Canada, just to name a few. We are very excited for the wide array of food that will be available – you will not go home hungry!
Ticket Sales – We have steadily seen an increase in ticket sales and interest. Please get your ticket early as there are limited supplies. We believe we will sell out and we want you there.
General Volunteers – we need close to 40 people to volunteer for many tasks during the Taste of the Nation Celebration. Here is what you need to know:
– It is not for the whole night – the tasks are broken into shifts so you can enjoy the event while still contributing to it. It is designed so all parents can partake in the celebrations!
– You still need to purchase a ticket – unlike the food booths where families are donating food, decorations, and other items, this is not a requirement for general volunteers. Only those who volunteer to set up before or clean up after the event do not necessarily require the purchase of a ticket (we still hope you come and celebrate with us!). By breaking it up into shifts, we ensure that there will be a good chunk of the evening for you to enjoy and celebrate.
We hope this helps clarify a few questions we have been receiving over the past couple of weeks.
* * * *
Your presence helps bring our community together and forms excellent bonds between our families. Tickets are only $25 each and will be on sale until Feb. 10th, 2017. We have limited seating. Tickets are NOT available at the door so don’t miss out! (no minors)
When purchasing tickets by cheque, please make cheques payable to
St. Bernadette Parish.
Application forms for new students for the upcoming school year 2017-18 are now available and can be picked up from the school office. Families who have children entering Kindergarten will be given the application form with the Re-registration package.Re-registration will be on Thursday, February 16th 8:00am-7:00pm. Re-registration packages will be sent home in the next week or so. If you haven’t notified the office that you have a child applying for admittance for the 2017-18 school year, please do so as soon as possible.
If your child(ren) will NOT re returning for the school year 2017-18, please inform the office.
Current families get their re-registration fee for the following year (currently $150) waived if they refer a family that stays the year.
We are conducting a satisfaction survey to gain important feedback as to the success and challenges that lie ahead for our school. We hope you are able to take the time to complete this survey so that we can provide the best education possible for your child.
OPEN HOUSE & NEW FAMILY INFORMATION NIGHT
January marks the time of the year where we kick off registration for the 2017-2018 school year. We are seeing an increase in interest in our school as evident by the number of phone calls and application forms that have been handed in since the beginning of January!
There are two events that we would like you to pass along to new families – the Open House and New Family Information Night.
OPEN HOUSE – Our annual Open House is on Sunday January 29th from 9am – 1pm. If you know of families who might like to attend, please pass along this invite.